UNFORTUNATELY, THIS ITEM IS NO LONGER AVAILABLE.
Legendary and iconic figures of the twentieth century, the famous and the infamous, come to life on film in this fascinating collection of short subjects. A few of the many highlights include:
- H.G. Wells in 1923 working on his latest draft, following the publication of his enormously successful "The Outline Of History"
- Famed composer Sergei Rachmaninoff is seen on a transatlantic cruise in 1928
- The life and times of oil tycoon and philanthropist John D. Rockefeller is chronicled
- Famed cartoonist Rube Goldberg chats with actress Marie Dressler
- The career of World War I hero Eddie Rickenbacker, from America's first flying ace to the man who helped make commercial aviation a reality, is presented
- Miss Juliette Low, founder of the Girl Scouts of America, is honored in 1919 for the Scout's outstanding contribution to the war effort
- General Cornelius Vanderbilt is visited in 1921
- Al Jolson is filmed on a 1927 cruise
- The rise of Will Hays from chairman of The Republican National Committee in 1921 to the most powerful man in Hollywood and originator of the famous Hays Code, is retold in film clips
- Chico Marx is seen on the beach in the early 1930s
- The career of America's greatest humorist, Will Rogers, from Zeigfield Follies star, to success in the movies, to his tragic death in 1935 is recounted.