UNFORTUNATELY, THIS ITEM IS NO LONGER AVAILABLE.
This homerun hit recalls an earlier America that fell in love with baseball and an era when owners built bigger arenas to house our fast-growing national pastime. By 1923, fifteen iconic steel and concrete parks had been built, yet no two were alike: each had its own unique character, and fans were close to the action. Narrated by Jeff Daniels, this documentary traces the history of four classic American ballparks using both archival footage and modern film: Wrigley Field (1914), Comiskey Park (1910), Tiger Stadium (1912), and Fenway Park (1912). All four parks are forever preserved in this DVD treasure.
Included are rare major league film segments, classic photos, and insightful comments by Hall of Fame players and announcers who share their innermost feelings about the parks, the game, and the fans.
This 20th anniversary collector's edition DVD includes new interviews with baseball's greatest names: Ted Williams, Ernie Banks, Carlton Fisk, Billy Williams, Al Kaline, Carl Yastrzemski, George Kell, Andre Dawson, Billy Pierce, Tony Kubek, Ryne Sandberg, Charlie Gehringer, Fred Lynn, Mike Greenwell, Ernie Harwell, Bill Gleason, Tom Boswell, Studs Terkel, Harry Caray, and more!
New exclusive bonus features:
- Exclusive Interview: Ted Williams Up Close & Personal
- Tiger Stadium Featurette: Untold Stories About the Tigers
- Fenway Park Featurette: The Green Monster Then & Now
- Wrigley Field Featurette: Ernie Banks, Ron Santo, the Bleacher Bums, & More
- Comiskey Park Featurette: Memories of the Old Park & Past World Series
- Interview with Director Bob Hercules