Bob Hope was born in England in 1903 and immigrated to the U.S. four years later. After an early career in vaudeville and musical revues, Hope made his radio debut on Rudy Vallee’s Fleischmann Hour in 1933 and joined the cast of James Melton’s Intimate Revue in 1935. After introducing his "Thanks for the Memory" theme song in Paramount’s The Big Broadcast of 1938, Hope returned to radio as star of NBC’s The Pepsodent Show beginning September 27, 1938. His rapid-fire gags and ad-libs made him one of the most popular entertainers on the airwaves, especially during World War II when he toured the nation’s military bases and made a half-dozen overseas trips to entertain the troops.
OLD TIME RADIO PROGRAMS AVAILABLE FOR PURCHASE FROM RADIO SPIRITS ON AUDIO CD AND CASSETTE:
1. SHADOW / BOB HOPE Item #: 80034 Media: CASSETTE Description: THE BOB HOPE SHOW: Aboard the South Dakota U.S. Naval Ship 10-23-45, Guest: Wayne Morris... Was: $9.98 Now: $2.00 you save 80% ADD TO CART
2. BOB HOPE Item #: 27684 Media: CASSETTE Description: Holiday broadcast from 12-20-49 starring Hope and Rhonda Fleming * Golf Tournament Broadcast with... Was: $6.98 Now: $2.00 you save 71% ADD TO CART
5. The Fred Allen Show Item #: 45182 Media: CD Description: Fred Allen specialized in literate wordplay, lacerating satire, and a squinty-eyed critique of the... Was: $39.98 Now: $33.98 you save 15% ADD TO CART
6. The Phil Harris - Alice Faye Show Item #: 44632 Media: CD Description: Phil Harris and Alice Faye are back in 20 new digitally remastered episodes - including 18 episodes... Was: $39.98 Now: $27.99 you save 30% ADD TO CART
10. The Jerry Lewis Show Collection Item #: 91731 Media: DVD Description: Just the name brings a smile to your face…if not an outright guffaw. The pioneering, slapstick... Was: $23.90 Now: $16.73 you save 30% ADD TO CART